The year was 1933. Gas was 18 cents a gallon, the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco was started and the forest fires of the Tillamook Burn destroyed 240,000 acres.
After 5 years of volunteer effort, construction on the Pine Grove Community House was completed and a Dedication of the building was held on August 5, 1933.
For many years, the Pine Grove operated as an informal city hall, as the town library, and as the heart of the community – much as it does today. Times and events may have changed but Pine Grove continues to be a central place in building a stronger community and marking special occasions.
On August 1st and 2nd, 2008 neighbors, visitors, young and old came to mark our 75th Anniversary at The Pine Grove.